From all of us at WMMT, we would like to issue an enormous thank you, from the very bottom of our community radio hearts, to each and every one of you out there who pledged or donated to our Fall Fund Drive. No matter whether you pledged $10 or $100, it ALL made a difference, and together, we have raised over $27,000 as a mountain community of folks both here in the coalfields and afar!
We couldn’t be prouder to have the support of so many incredible people; we’ve truly got the greatest friends in the
world whirled. Over the past couple weeks, we’ve heard from across the coalfields and around the country, from Grundy to Harlan to Pikeville, and from Philadelphia to Alaska to Japan, and back again. Hearing from so many different folks in so many different places that love WMMT has meant far more to us than donations ever will. Now, we are still short of our $30,000 goal, however. We’re not going to keep bombarding you over the air, because we know you listen to us and support us for what we normally sound like, BUT if you did not get a chance to contribute during the drive, or if you would like to help us reach our goal to help keep WMMT on the air, you still can! Call your favorite DJ at 888-396-1208 or donate online by clicking here. We’re still confident that we can meet our goal, and you can help it happen. The various premiums / levels of swag for donations still apply:
- All donations, no matter the size – WMMT Sticker & Program Schedule
- Donation of $50 – WMMT hat
- Donation of $88.70 – WMMT T-shirt (for this Fund Drive, we resurrected a classic, a shirt that reads “One Nation, Underpaid, with Soup Beans and Cornbread for All”!)
- Donation of $100 – Be a guest DJ on your favorite WMMT show
- Donation of $200 – Broadcast Day dedicated to person of your choice.
- Donation of $2,000 – Wiley Quixote’s voice on your home answering machine (plus all of these other things)
And because we can’t say it enough times: thank you again and so very much to all of you out there. We love you all, whether you listen for rock, old-time, metal, bluegrass, indie, gospel, public affairs, hip hop, world music, or even Wiley–WMMT is here for every single one of you. We are your community radio station, wherever you are, and we couldn’t be prouder of it, because you are what makes WMMT possible. If you haven’t given yet, or know someone who listens but hasn’t given yet–now’s the time! In the meantime, and as always, we’ll see you on the radio.